Thursday 19 March 2009

CONTEST WINNER - Samantha Sommersby


In every newsletter, there is always a contest to win an Author Spotlight (please check contest details in main menu) and I'm pleased to announce that author, Samantha Sommersby won this great opportunity in the previous issue. Samantha won her Author Spotlight by sending me the correct answer to the question - what is the name of Marcus's youngest sister in 'Mistletoe and Ouzo Kisses'? The answer is Melina.

Thanks to all those who entered, but there can only be one winner - and I'd love you to meet her...

Samantha Sommersby lives in San Diego with her husband and fifteen year old son. She is the author of ten novels and novellas including Forbidden: The Temptation, her latest installment in the critically acclaimed Forbidden series. In 2007 Samantha left what she used to call her “real life” day job as a psychotherapist to pursue writing and working in the publishing industry full-time. She now happily spends her days immersed in the world of the Forbidden, a world where vampires, werewolves, and demons are real, where magic is possible, and where love still conquers all.

Q: The fourth book in the Forbidden series was recently released. What inspired the series?
A: The Forbidden series, which I’ve been working on for the past couple years, was conceived during a flight back from London. I’d ended up having to extend my stay there because I’d fallen terribly ill. I’d thought at the time that it was food poisoning or a horrible flu. I was still in a very bad way during the flight home. I slept on and off. I was in the middle row on the plane and there were a bunch of seats across so I could stretch out. Orlando Bloom was on the cover of the American Way magazine and I started thinking that he’d make a great vampire. Between naps I jotted down notes. By the time I landed in San Diego I had the idea for the series laid out. It turned out I didn’t have food poisoning. I was severely anemic and ended up in the hospital for blood transfusions. Did my anemia inspire my vampire series? Hmm.

Q: The Temptation doesn’t feature a vampire hero though, does it?
A: No. The first three books (The Claim, The Awakening, and The Revolution) all featured vampire heroes. The hero in The Temptation is a dirty-taking cowboy from Texas…who is sometimes furry. Jake Madison made a brief appearance in The Revolution as a werewolf. Then he seduced my muse into giving him his very own book. Jake can be very persuasive. Here's a peek at the very yummy cover.

Q: I see what you mean by persuasive.
A: Yup. Poor Allison didn't stand a chance.

Summary:There’s a fine line between man and beast…one only the heart can cross.

A year ago, Jacob Madison got more than he bargained for during a rock-climbing trip to Yosemite. A freak accident left him badly injured, at the mercy of the elements—and the wolves who rescued him. If it hadn’t been for them, he’d be dead. He’d also still be human. Now he’s back, hoping to find out who he is and what he’s become. Instead, he finds smart, sexy Allison Connelly.

A forensic psychologist, Allison is newly divorced and proudly standing on her own two feet…until an unexpected storm shears off the snow bank she’s standing on. She plunges down an icy ravine, thinking she’s heading for oblivion. Then she lands in the arms of a tall, dark Texan. Jake.

Brought together by circumstance and bound by passion, secrets from their past threaten their future before it can begin. And somewhere in the mountains lurks a rogue Were turned serial killer. Whatever the danger Jake’s inner beast poses to Allison, there’s only one way to protect her—unleash it. Even if it costs him her love.

Warning: This book contains raging winter storms, truly inspiring sex, a kick-butt heroine, and one very hot, dirty-talking cowboy…who’s sometimes furry.

Read an Excerpt

10 Wonderfully Weird and Random Facts about Forbidden: The Temptation

1. Much of The Temptation, my very first werewolf novel, was written in a coffee shop named after an iconic vampire – Lestat.

2. The forth book in the Forbidden series was not supposed to feature Jake. The hot, dirty-talking cowboy made an appearance in The Revolution and seduced my muse into giving him his very own book. Jake can be very persuasive.

3. In an act of revenge my vampire Dell, sexy secret agent and sorcerer decided to pop up in The Temptation and steal the show for a few pages.

4. Baylor University, which is where the epilogue takes place, is my alma mater and where I met my husband.

5. Pine Ridge Ranch was loosely based on place I vacationed with my family near the Grand Canyon a few years ago.

6. In addition observing wolves locally at the San Diego Zoo, I watched Wolves: A Legend Returns to Yellowstone and A Man Among Wolves with Shaun Ellis, over and over. I think that Shaun Ellis scares me more than the book’s villain, Roane Devlin.

7. I learned about the Pawnee creation story a few years ago while on a tour at the Library of Congress and used it as the basis for Roane Devlin’s belief system and the motivation behind his killings.

8. As part of my research I used handouts my son received and notes he took while attending a workshop on how to blow things up at DragonCon. If they repeat that one this year I’m definitely going. Too much great information to miss.

9. My son’s friend Ryan asked me to put him in one of my books. That was the inspiration for the character Ryan. I expected him to have a small, bit part. I should have known better. The real Ryan has yet to discover that I make him wear an apron in the book. I’m not sure how he’s going to feel about that.

10. I’m currently spending my days with Wesley Atherton, the psychiatrist who introduced Allison to Dell and the supernatural world. He’s going to be the hero of The Sacrifice, which will be out this fall.

Available now in eBook at:
Linden Bay Romance
All Romance eBooks
My Bookstore and More

And now in print: http://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Temptation-Samantha-Sommersby/dp/1602021546/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238513122&sr=8-1

To find out more about Samantha Sommersby and the world of the Forbidden, visit the author’s website http://www.samanthasommersby.com/ or MySpace Page http://www.myspace.com/samanthasommersby


No comments:

Post a Comment